Protect yourself against Internet fraud!
The vast majority of listings are posted by honest people and trust. Despite this, it is important to follow a few common sense rules following to prevent any attempt to scam.
- Doing Deal with people you can meet in person.
- Never send money by Paytm,UPI , MoneyGram or other anonymous payment systems.
- Do not accept checks.
- Ask about the person you're dealing with another confirming source name, address and telephone number.
- Keep copies of all correspondence (emails, listings, letters, etc.) and details of the person.
Recognize attempted scam
- The majority of scams have one or more of these characteristics:
- The person is abroad or traveling abroad.
- The person refuses to meet you in person.
- Payment is made through Western Union, Money Gram or check.
- The messages are in broken language (English or French or ...).
- The texts seem to be copied and pasted.
- The deal seems to be too good to be true.